Riley Cohen – Blog Post 5

The steam around me dissipates as a hand reaches through the hot cloud and grabs me firmly around my cylindrical body. The cycle wasn’t quite finished, and as a result I was still covered in hot water, but it was evident that this Supreme Being’s thirst had to be quenched immediately. I was placed on the counter next to an assortment of appliances, still hot. The being opened the fridge, which was directly opposite to me. Then, I felt a cool rush air as the door was shut. A jug of cool, Brita filtered water now felt that firm grasp and was approaching me. Once above my opening, the Being tilted the jug with ease and poured the liquid until I was brimming. The contrast of the cool water and my warm body sent a crack down the side of my body. It grew and grew until the glass finally gave, and I shattered into pieces. The being angrily grabbed the trashcan from across the room and in one swift sweep cleared the pieces of me off the table into the bin. The Being shut the lid of the trash, and almost immediately, I heard the sound of the dishwasher open again.