The recording of the May 19 Endpoint Management Meeting is now available (Duke NetID required):
Also available as video (MP4), audio (M4A), transcript (VTT), and chat (TXT) in the Endpoints Box Share.
Items of note:
Apple released a patch for a zero-day exploit in macOS and watchOS, please patch NOW!
Windows Patches out, no known issues or urgent concerns, apply according to the regular schedule (test within 1 week, deploy within 2).
A few lesser-known Adobe app and Thunderbird patches… does anyone use TBird anymore?
- Many outdated Firefox and Chrome installs. Browsers need patches, too!
Configuration Manager: Update to v2203 on Thursday, May 26.
Jamf Pro updates:
- Update waiting on MySQL and CentOS Stream 8 upgrades
- DEP tokens renewal…Don’t wait! Act now! (OIT DE can help if you need.)
- Tomcat clustering project under discussion.
- Extension Attribute (and other) cleanup continues.
- OIT DE has received approval to remove rogue Jamf Pro agent software via BigFix where available
- Dave Andersen (Apple Rep) demo day?
- Investigating MS SQL server upgrade
- “Updates for Win Apps Extended” site: 100+ apps, updated weekly. Criteria is app must be publicly downloadable and silently installable.
- EOL OS update…
- Microsoft Teams on Windows is…different.
- Other discussion…