Duke Research in Engineering Program (DukeREP) is a 7-week summer program where high school students from Durham Public Schools with an interest in science and engineering are matched with labs in the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke. DukeREP aims to provide high school students with an opportunity to gain exposure to academic research and encourage them to pursue higher education and explore careers in STEM.
DukeREP eligibility criteria:
- Be a rising junior or rising senior in high school
- Attend a Durham school
- Have an interest in science and engineering
Underrepresented minorities in STEM and students from underprivileged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- No cost to apply or attend
- Students receive a $2,000 stipend
- Students are provided with a GoPass to assist with transportation
- Students receive free lunch daily
- Students participate in weekly social activities and seminars that include college advising, professional skills development and talks by professors and professionals in engineering
- Application opens: March 1st 2019
- Application Deadline: May 1st 2019
- Acceptance notification: Late May 2019
- Program Dates: June 24th 2019 – August 9th 2019
For more information, please visit our FAQ page or email us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.