Duke Research in Engineering Program (DukeREP) is a 7-week summer program where high school students with an interest in science and engineering are matched with labs in the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke. DukeREP aims to provide high school students with an opportunity to gain exposure to academic research and encourage them to pursue higher education and explore careers in STEM.
DukeREP eligibility criteria:
- Be a rising junior or rising senior in high school
- Have an interest in science and engineering
Underrepresented minorities in STEM and students from underprivileged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- No cost to apply or attend
- Students are provided with a GoPass to assist with transportation
- Students receive free lunch daily
- Students participate in weekly social activities and seminars that include college advising, professional skills development and talks by professors and professionals in engineering
- Application opens: January 6, 2020
- Application deadline: 5 PM on March 15, 2020
- Acceptance notification: Mid April, 2020
- Program dates: June 15-July 31, 2020
For more information, please visit our FAQ page or email us questions at email@example.com.