Duke Research in Engineering Program (DukeREP) is a 7-week summer program hosted by the Biomedical Engineering Department (BME) for high school students with an interest in science and engineering. DukeREP’s mission is to increase diversity in STEM fields. Our program introduces students from diverse backgrounds to scientific research in hopes of inspiring them to pursue academic and professional careers in STEM.
DukeREP eligibility criteria:
- Be a rising junior or rising senior in high school in Summer 2023
- Be 16 years of age or older
While priority is given to Durham Public School students, we accept applications from all eligible high school students in North Carolina.
Students from underrepresented groups in STEM or from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. We are unfortunately not able to provide accommodations for students outside of NC.
- Students work on research projects in Duke BME labs**
- Students participate in weekly social activities and seminars that include college advising, professional skills development, and talks by professors and professionals in engineering
- No cost to apply or attend
- Students receive a stipend
- A GoPass is provided for transportation
- Lunch is provided daily
**DukeREP Summer 2023 will be held in person. This is subject to change. For the latest updates, visit our COVID-19 Updates page.
- Application release date: Late January 2023
- Student Application deadline: Late March 2023
- Teacher Recommendation Form deadline: Late March 2023
- Decision notification: Early May
- Program Dates: TBD!
Visit the Apply page for application instructions.
For more information, visit our FAQ page or email us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to receive email notifications about DukeREP’s Summer 2023 program? Join our mailing list by filling out this form.