(919) 681 8270
Erwin Mill Building
2024 W. Main St.
Durham, NC 27705
I have a rich background in the fields of public health, health economics, and health services research, with over 10 years of experience of working with survey and administrative data including Medicare 5% claims, Medicare 5% Part D, the National Long Term Care Survey (NLTCS), the Health and Retirement Study (HRS), the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS), The Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Medicare-linked data (SEER-M), the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), the Russia Longitudinal Monitoring Survey (RLMS), and a self-compiled database based on information drawn from the Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) and the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS). I have some experience with genetic analysis using genetic data from the HRS. I have extensive knowledge of both high-level programming languages (FORTRAN, in both serial and parallel environments) and common commercially available statistical software packages (SAS, STATA, R) as well as experience with the development of software packages for academic use.
2013 PhD in Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
2006 Master of Arts in Economics, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
2002 Master of Public Health, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
2000 Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude in Economics, Minor in Philosophy, Certificate in Russian Studies University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Yashkin A.P., Kravchenko J., Yashin A.I., and Sloan F. (2017) Mortality and Macrovascular Risk in Elderly With Hypertension and Diabetes: Effect of Intensive Drug Therapy. American Journal of Hypertension. (31)2:220-227. [ doi: 10.1093/ajh/hpx151 ] [ PMID: 28985276 ]
- Yashin A.I., Fang F., Kovtun M., Wu D., Duan M., Arbeev K., Akushevich I., Kulminski A., Culminskaya I., Zhbannikov I., Yashkin A., Stallard E., and Ukraintseva S.(2017) Hidden heterogeneity in Alzheimer’s disease: Insights from genetic association studies and other analyses. Experimental Gerontology. (17)30424-2. [ doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2017.10.020 ] [ PMID: 29107063 ]
- Akushevich I., Yashkin A.P., Kravchenko J., Fang F., Arbeev K., Sloan F., and Yashin A.I. (2017) Theory of partitioning of disease prevalence and mortality in observational data. Theoretical Population Biol. 114:117-127 [ doi: 10.1016/j.tpb.2017.01.003 ] [ PMID: 28130147 ] [ PMCID: PMC5459580 ]
- He L., Kernogitski Y., Kulminskaya I., Loika Y., Arbeev K.G., Loiko E., Bagley O., Duan M., Yashkin A., Ukraintseva S.V., Kovtun M., Yashin A.I., and Kulminski A.M. (2017) Corrigendum: Pleiotropic Meta-Analyses of Longitudinal Studies Discover Novel Genetic Variants Associated with Age-Related Diseases. Frontiers in Genetics. 8 : 226-. [ doi: 10.3389/fgene.2017.00226 ] [ PMID: 29375618 ] [ PMCID: PMC5771150 ]
- Kulminski A.M., He L., Culminskaya I., Loika Y., Kernogitski Y., Arbeev K.G., Loiko E., Arbeeva L., Bagley O., Duan M., Yashkin A., Fang F., Kovtun M., Ukraintseva S.V., Wu D. and Yashin A.I. (2016) Pleiotropic Associations of Allelic Variants in a 2q22 Region with Risks of Major Human Diseases and Mortality. PLoS Genetics. (12)11:e1006314-. [ doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1006314 ] [ PMID: 27832070 ] [ PMCID: PMC5104356 ]