Here is a comprehensive list of the things that I learned this summer:
- When all of your mice die, you don’t go home.
- Mice do not know what weekends are.
- No matter how much Dr. Grunwald loves snakes, I will never stop being afraid of them.
- Jason will move mountains to bring me jelly, while listening to 90s grunge of course.
- I truly love doing research, and I cannot wait to be back in lab next semester.
- I tried to like math, I really did. But alas, I still don’t like math.
- Even when you proof read your poster for a week, you still make a typo in your title.
- When your project completely fails, a great mentor will send you an article about the importance of stupidity in science and help you figure out how to keep moving.
- Theoretical results are still as acceptable as real results.
- I can’t wait to spend the rest of my career doing science.
Thank you to the Dzirasa lab for giving me a fantastic summer research experience. Thank you to Dr. Grunwald and Jason for teaching all of us so much about what it means to be a scientist.