First Born African Daughters and their Position within the African Nuclear Household

Abla Messie researched the factors that may influence the position of firstborn daughters in African households. Her research was inspired by her observation of common experiences among firstborn African daughters with respect to household responsibilities and interactions.

Ask me a question about this poster! Please send me an email.

5 thoughts on “First Born African Daughters and their Position within the African Nuclear Household”

1. Samantha, I’m finding this such an innovative use of twitter. What a great way to conduct qualitative research and has a lot of potential for future researchers. Very nicely done. Thank you for your work.

2. Ava LaVonne Vinesett

Thank you for sharing your research, Samantha. What would you consider to be the “traditional values” prioritized in raising FB-AD and how do these values impact your query?

3. This is absolutely fascinating! It would be very interesting to look at some of the impacts of the higher stress on FB-AD in areas such as health and academic achievement. I really enjoyed looking at your work, and I would be very interested to see any future exploration you conduct!

4. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your research! It has opened my eyes to all of the things I can possibly research that effects me on a daily basis.