Inside Sherpa Virtual Internship Experience

Edem Ahorlu completed an 8-week virtual internship experience program. He improved his coding and presentation skills during this program.

Ask me a question about this poster! Please send me an email.

9 thoughts on “Inside Sherpa Virtual Internship Experience”

1. Nice work, Edem. Seems like a really useful project for you and your fellow students.
    All best, Karin Shapiro

2. What a cool project! Were you able to provide feedback about the product as well as being part of the team building it? Were they interested in hearing about your experiences as a student and those of your friends?

1. Hi Jenny,
      I’m afraid the Virtual Internship wasn’t as interactive as I hoped it would have been with zoom calls and live interactions. Feedback was rather immediate where you get to see what your code is actually doing and also compare your code to what was actually expected. With regards to sharing experiences, there was no medium to actually talk about your experience with the people running the program, but you could definitely share your experience with friends made through the Facebook platform.

3. Hello Edem, I really love your project and I am so proud of you for completing it during a pandemic! Have you managed to see the direct applications of InsideSherpa since you started working on it?

1. Hi Mare,
      I’m assuming your question was if the project I worked on was deployed to be used by people. If I made the correct assumption, unfortunately it wasn’t. All Inside Sherpa projects are completely simulated: the projects equip you with a lot of skills, but you don’t actually see the impact of your project like you would during an actual internship.

4. Cool project, this is a great way to review and build upon what we learned, while the tools you have built are also useful for others.