Moritz Hamelmann

Hi everyone! My name is Moritz – short Mo and I am from Dusseldorf, Germany. I come from an economic undergrad background and want to move away from the finance world. At Duke, I want to discover the areas of Politics, the environment, and really any course which sounds interesting to me. In my free time, I enjoy reading, cooking, and socializing with friends and I have a passion for traveling and being outdoors. For sports, I used to play a lot of field hockey (it’s bigger for men in Europe than it is in the US) and squash, but I am open to trying out new sports. I like to follow soccer and formula 1 on television or watch something on Netflix on a more relaxed night. I am very much looking forward to this experience and quite excited about what Duke and the US have to offer!

Preferred Name: Mo (or Moritz is also fine)

Please share the title of a book you’ve recently enjoyed and would recommend to your GLS colleagues.
    Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Harari

What movie or television show that you watched recently would you recommend to the rest of us?
    Atlanta

We’re going to make a GLS 2022 playlist on Spotify. Please recommend a song to include that speaks to how YOU feel as you embark on this new learning journey. It could be something that you’re listening to a lot now or a longtime favorite that captures the moment for you.
    White Ferrari by Frank Ocean

Coming to the Duke GLS program, I hope to understand myself better.