Eyram Klu

Hi everyone! I’m Eyram Klu, (pronounced: ayee-rahm, kloo), I’m a Duke Class of 2019 alumni and got my BA in International Comparative Studies with a focus on African Development Economics. I’m a 2nd generation American, and both of my parents were born in Togo, West Africa. Currently, I work full-time as a Security Consulting Analyst at Accenture Technology in Raleigh, and I’m super excited to be coming back to Duke! I plan to design my GLS degree to explore how theology, morality, and ethics can better inform how we responsibly innovate and make a more conscientious digital society that prioritizes and integrates the health and well-being of the whole human person. Here are some of my other interests: how Catholic Social Teaching could be applied to distributist social programs with a preferential option for the poor and working class in America; the polyglot community in the Duke Graduate School (if there are any French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese speakers, please reach out to me!); digital minimalism for a more present, aware, and contemplative life; music — I play the trumpet, voice (Baritone), piano, and various African percussive instruments at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Durham (fun fact Mary Lou Williams was a parishioner there!); and I love to dance! If I didn’t have West African parents growing up, I probably would have applied to Julliard! I’m super excited to meet everyone and am ready for great discussion and Socratic synergy! See you in class! Eyram

Preferred Name: Eyram

Please share the title of a book you’ve recently enjoyed and would recommend to your GLS colleagues.
    Arriving at Amen by Leah Libresco

What movie or television show that you watched recently would you recommend to the rest of us?
    The Good Place

We’re going to make a GLS 2022 playlist on Spotify. Please recommend a song to include that speaks to how YOU feel as you embark on this new learning journey. It could be something that you’re listening to a lot now or a longtime favorite that captures the moment for you.
    Sur ma route by Black M

Coming to the Duke GLS program, I hope to develop great fun relationships with faculty, staff, and, fellow students and hopefully learn a ton from what each person uniquely offers to our world!