Elizabeth Lagarde

I come to Durham as a recent graduate of Auburn University where I majored in economics and minored in business. I am looking forward to exploring other areas that I am interested in but did not get to study as an undergraduate such as psychology, sociology, and other social sciences and disciplines. I am so excited to begin the GLS program to indulge my curiosity and to meet fellow students following their passions and interests as well. In my free time, I love to spend time with my dog, Elvis, watch movies, and sports, and play my guitar.

Preferred Name: Lizzie

Please share the title of a book you’ve recently enjoyed and would recommend to your GLS colleagues.
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

What movie or television show that you watched recently would you recommend to the rest of us?
    Abbott Elementary

We’re going to make a GLS 2022 playlist on Spotify. Please recommend a song to include that speaks to how YOU feel as you embark on this new learning journey. It could be something that you’re listening to a lot now or a longtime favorite that captures the moment for you.
    I Have Confidence by Julie Andrews

Coming to the Duke GLS program, I hope to come closer to identifying my dreams and attain the courage and knowledge to be able to pursue them.