Michael Crout

Hey everyone! My name is Michael and I was born in a small town in West Virginia (acquiring a love of mountain ranges) until I moved to South Carolina in 2019. I have my bachelor’s degree in Health Science from Marshall University, but I also have a love of film: one of my screenplays, “Lifetime Bar” was published through my university during my undergrad. After this program, my tentative goal is to get accepted into a Ph.D. program in Psychology to study how emerging social technologies affect the brain. For fun, I love to play basketball, play guitar, and go to the gym.

Preferred Name: Michael

Please share the title of a book you’ve recently enjoyed and would recommend to your GLS colleagues.
    Feed by M.T. Anderson

What movie or television show that you watched recently would you recommend to the rest of us?
    Better Call Saul

We’re going to make a GLS 2022 playlist on Spotify. Please recommend a song to include that speaks to how YOU feel as you embark on this new learning journey. It could be something that you’re listening to a lot now, or a longtime favorite that captures the moment for you.
    We Never Change by Coldplay

Coming to the Duke GLS program, I hope to find some great colleagues, further my critical thinking skills, and prepare myself for the rest of my academic career.