Alpha Esser

Greetings Friends! I’m Alpha Esser and I’m absolutely ecstatic to be a part of this wonderful program! Originally hailing from New Jersey (though I hope you won’t hold that against me), and residing on both coasts, I have had the pleasure of gallivanting in the California sun, and also experiencing the hustle and bustle of New York; enjoying the energy of both locations equally. Now residing in North Carolina, and currently employed at the Duke Clinical Research Institute within Duke University, I will be a part-time student. Holding dual bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration and Business Education, I am eagerly looking forward to advancing my educational pursuits with the Graduate Liberal Studies (GLS) degree. I hope to pursue a certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship alongside the GLS degree, and to tap into my creative side while opening up to the possibilities of other areas of interest. Here’s to embracing a future overflowing with innovation and discovery!

Preferred Name: Alpha

Please share the title of a book you’ve recently enjoyed and would recommend to your GLS colleagues. Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews (I’m a huge fan of V.C. Andrews, I read her original series often!)

What movie or television show that you watched recently would you recommend to the rest of us? Detroiters is my favorite! Only two seasons, but I rewatch it all the time!

Coming to the Duke GLS program, I hope to engage in conversation on important topics with people of varying backgrounds and opinions.

We’re going to make a GLS 2022 playlist on Spotify. Please recommend a song to include that speaks to how YOU feel as you embark on this new learning journey. It could be something that you’re listening to a lot now or a longtime favorite that captures the moment for you.
    Sail by AWOLNATION