Home » About me

About me

My name is Stephanie Zelenetz, and I am from Sea Cliff, New York. I am a senior in the Pratt School of Engineering, majoring in biomedical engineering and minoring in chemistry. I chose to study biomedical engineering because I am interested in utilizing multidisciplinary approaches to advance human health. I appreciate the unique and broad perspective that biomedical engineering gives me, and the way the program teaches me to think critically and problem solve.

I am particularly interested in epidemiology and disease. I am excited to learn more about how engineering approaches can change the way in which we view and treat disease. My involvement in both the GCS program and the Pratt Research Fellows Program, I believe, will help me to achieve this goal.

After graduation I will continue to advance my education by completing a PhD in biomedical engineering at Northwestern. I hope to use the skills I have gained during my undergraduate research experience to develop a biomaterial-based immunotherapy for infectious disease or cancer. Eventually, I hope to work in the pharmaceutical industry to develop a novel therapeutic that can be translated into the clinic.