Handwritten notes and correspondence, flyers and posters, scrapbooks, CDs and DVDs, t-shirts and more: all of these records of your group’s activities have a place at the University Archives!
- If needed, pick up archival boxes from us. Please email us to schedule a pick-up time—we need to make sure we have enough boxes available for you!
- Pack your physical materials and make a contents list for each box, including the titles of each folder or item, as well as the start and end dates of the material. Here’s a template you can use! Share these lists with us or send them to us via email.
- Label each box with a sheet of paper giving your organization name, the date, and the name and email address of a contact person.
- Schedule a time to drop off your materials with University Archives staff.
- Do you have loose documentation? What about documentation in hanging file folders or binders (both of which are bulky and can cause damage)? We can give you tabbed file folders for organizing your documents before you pack them—just let us know how many you need!
- Do you have framed photos, charters, certificates, etc.? Please de-frame these materials before turning them over to the University Archives. You can keep the frames!
- Oversized flat items like posters or banners? Please roll—don’t fold—them. Or let us know the size of the oversized items so we can provide you with an oversized box!