- Go to http://sites.duke.edu/
- Click “LOGIN”
- Log in with your netid or fill in the box below
- Click “+ New” on top of the web page
- Click “post”
- Type a title for your post
- Type the contents in the box below
- When you are done, click “Preview” or “Save Draft” or “Publish”
- To add a link, highlight the part of text you want to be linked, then click the “link” button on top of the editing box, and paste the web address when a pop up window appears.
- To add a picture or pdf file, click “Add Media” on top of the editing box and follow the steps.
- By default, post attribute is “Uncategorized”. Choosing or creating a new category for your post, will make it more searchable.
Scroll down the bar on the right of the browser. Choose a category from exist “Categories” which fits your post by clicking the small box in front of it. Or add a new category if there is nothing fit.
Click the small box in front of “Uncategorized” and deselect it.
- Even better, you can also add a tag for your post. “Tags” is right below “Categories”. Type the key words of your post and separate them with comma.