Fall 2016 Teaching

Fall 2016 Teaching

sanservol1In Fall 2016 I will be teaching two courses at Venice International University, through their Globalization Program. I’ve returned to VIU for the last five years co-teaching the Visualizing Venice summer workshops, and also taught at VIU in Fall 2013, so this is a welcome return.I’m very much looking forward to meeting my new colleagues and students!

Both courses, Digital Storytelling, and Web-Based Multimedia Communications, are Information Science+Studies/Visual and Media Studies courses at Duke that I will be adapting to the Venetian context. The courses are listed as part of viu-logothe Cultural Heritage Track at VIU, and students will be doing hands-on digital projects related to the heritage of Venice as part of both. We’ll be in VIU’s lovely Mac Lab, which was modeled on the Wired Lab back home. While I’m at VIU I’ll also be developing a book project on augmented reality and cultural heritage, as well as continuing to work on Visualizing Venice digital projects, with which I hope to involve Duke students upon my return. ( I also expect to drop in virtually to the NC Jukebox project, Wired, the PhD Lab etc.at Duke periodically.)