Our Section

Ubuntu is located on Duke’s Central Campus at 301 and 302 Oregon right by the Oregon bus stop.

The two-story layout is great for group living, whether we’re yelling down to the common room or throwing a party. In addition to the 24 apartments that house our members, we have a custom-built common room at 302 Oregon G. Our common room is a modified suite where we watch movies, host events, or study. We’ve outfitted it with ample furniture and a mini-library of books, movies, and Xbox One. Outside our common room, you can also find our swinging bench.

Apartments are two bedroom with two occupants each. These include a full kitchen (oven, stove, refrigerator), private bathroom (shower/bath), and balcony. Hammock not included. Don’t sweat, we’ve got individual AC and heating control. Ubus make each space their own. We decorate our apartments how we like, with plenty of space to live in. Just like real people!

As a central residence, Mill Village is close by. It’s a five-minute walk to the Devil’s Bistro, Uncle Harry’s General Store, the Central Campus pool, playing fields and more. E-prints and laundry units are right across the street by 1708 Pace, close enough for you to walk there in slippers and boxers. Also, the Oregon bus stop is less than 30 seconds away — enough said. We also claim two giant parking lots right next to the buildings for easy access and parking. Access to Durham is easy. 9th Street businesses, Sam’s Quick Shop, and Whole Foods are just right down the street.

Come check out our section! We’d be happy to give you a tour in person.

Connor Shannahan

connor-shannahan

Hi Everyone!

My name is Connor Shannahan. I’m a Junior studying Mechanical Engineering with an EOS minor. I grew up with three brothers just north of Chicago, so I’m a big Bulls fan and Cubs too when they’re not terrible. At Duke I’m mostly involved with Duke Motorsports. I spend a lot of my free time in the outdoors or doing anything basketball (intramural, pickup games, tenting). If I’m not doing any of those I’m probably marathoning lost for the 5th time, listening to music (alt/indie/folk rock, Kanye, or Chance) or playing some video games (Smash Bros/Rocket League). You can find me anywhere on campus trying to find hidden study spots. If you see a tall guy longboarding trying not to wipe out on Duke cobblestones that’s probably me. I rushed Ubuntu as a Sophomore and am still amazed by the passions and talents of the Ubuntu community that led me to rush in the first place. If you want to talk about Ubuntu, basketball, abroad (NZ), or engineering feel free to message me!