Sanjeev Dasgupta

Hi everyone! My name is Sanjeev Dasgupta and I am a senior from New Delhi, India studying Political Science. I love having discussions with people about anything even remotely related to politics, particularly international politics (like seriously, I can talk about this stuff for hours and hours), so if that’s something you are into, definitely hit me up! I am particularly passionate about refugee issues, peace and conflict studies, development policy and human rights more broadly. I also have a nerdy fascination for maps as well as a deep-rooted desire to learn about as many historical things/events as possible. When you don’t find me with a book in my hand, chances are that I’ll be either playing soccer (I am an ardent Manchester United fan), watching Game of Thrones or some historical war movie, or planning my next trip to who knows where. I love traveling and exploring new places, to the crazy extent that I love the idea of getting (or attempting to get) lost during my travels because I feel that that’s one of the best ways to get to know a new place and meet interesting people. I’ve also partially translated my love for sports into photography – I do a lot of sports photography for the Chronicle, and particularly enjoy covering basketball and soccer. I have been a part of Ubuntu since spring of my freshman year, and have loved every moment of the experience. Ubuntu is an amazing group of people who have continuously challenged me to think critically about things and I have grown a lot during this past year and a half because of that. Plus it also helps that the group is quirky in amazing ways and super fun to hang around. Can’t wait to meet you all in person!