LEARN IT @ LUNCH SERIES, SPRING 2020
Edge Workshop Room, Bostock 127 (*except where noted)
The OIT Learn IT @ Lunch series is an opportunity to learn about technology in a relaxed lunch environment. All meetings are held Noon-1pm in The Edge Workshop Room, Bostock 127 (*except where noted)
- This series runs during the fall and spring academic semesters.
- All Duke students, staff and faculty are welcome to participate. No pre-registration is required.
- Each session includes a presentation followed by a Q&A period.
- For Spring 2020, you will be able to connect to each session remotely using Zoom Meetings. If you are new to Zoom, you can join a test meeting. Meeting links will be added to the calendar below.
- For in person attendees, seating is available on a first come, first served basis. Lunch is not provided. Feel free to bring a brown bag lunch with you.
- We record as many sessions as possible. Recordings are posted online.
|February 5||Inclusive Social Media and Accessibility|
Expand your social media presence by creating inclusive content. Learn a few tips and tricks to ensure your content is accessible to everyone.
|Sonja Likness, Social Media and Content Management &
Joel Crawford-Smith, Web Accessibility
|*February 19||Come Join Password Party|
Join Duke’s IT Security Office for hands-on help in setting up tools to help manage and strengthen your passwords.
|Cara Bonnett, Information Technology Security Office
*Location: TEC 132
|March 11||Join the Major Leagues with Microsoft Teams|
This presentation provides an overview of Microsoft Teams, Microsoft’s integrated communication and productivity tool. Set up, use and tips will be demonstrated. Share OneNote and Box files, hold meetings and integrate your favorite apps all from within Teams.
|Dorothy Coletta & Steve Gray, Collaborative Services|
|March 25||Zoom: Getting Started|
Zoom users can choose to record sessions, collaborate on projects, and share or annotate on one another's screens, all with one easy-to-use platform. Zoom offers quality video, audio, and a wireless screen-sharing performance.
|Debbie Suggs, Enterprise Systems and Support|
|April 8||Make Informed Decisions with Qualtrics|
Many of us know the basics of creating surveys and online forms using Qualtrics, but there's so much more that you can do including putting your survey behind Shib (Duke NetID) login, using the survey to send customized emails, setting up quotas, and collaborating with others at Duke and beyond. This session will show you these cool tricks within Qualtrics and more...including some tips for building effective surveys and thoughts about how platform (phone, tablet, computer) affect user experience and data collection.
|Alexandra Cooper & Kyle Endres, Social Science Research Institute|
|April 22||Box Basics|
Duke uses Box for document collaboration. Access, store and share content securely with Duke and non-Duke users — anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Integrate Box into your everyday workflow to improve productivity and security for your team, and learn best practices for getting the most out of Box.
|Matt Royal, Enterprise Systems & Support|