Are you curious about digital humanities but don’t know where to begin your explorations? Were you inspired by the Conversations in the Digital Humanities showcase event last Fall and thinking about plans for next year? Do you have a project in mind but would like advice from experts on campus? Want to meet and greet other people interested in DH at Duke?
This presentation/discussion event will feature staff and faculty from across campus, who will share several sample projects, and outline campus resources, in some common digital humanities areas:
– text analysis for close and distant reading
– digital mapping of historic sites and itineraries
– 3D models of buildings and objects for historical reconstructions, museum exhibitions, and virtual reality
– networks of people, influences, markets
– digital archives and presentations of hidden collections, under-represented traditions, and new resources