Pastor spotlight: Charles Lindquist

Share

Rev. Charles Lindquist, one of our Group 2 Spirited Life participants, has had great success using the mindful eating program Naturally Slim and creating his own exercise routine.  Read on to hear more about Charles’ experience in his own words!

“I started the Naturally Slim program on March 13, 2012.  I found it to be jam-packed with great and useful information.  So far I have lost 35 pounds and over 20 inches overall in body measurements.

Because of Naturally Slim, I feel better and better every day.  My clothes are all too big and I am choosing to purchase temporary replacements from Goodwill and other thrift stores until I get to my ideal weight and can purchase a new wardrobe.  What a great problem to have!

For exercise, I use my Total Gym (Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley advertise this), which I have been using off and on for several years.  I have recently, within the last three weeks, incorporated a StreetStrider into my exercise routine.  I choose to work out two short periods (20 minutes on StreetStrider and 15 minutes on Total Gym), once in the morning and once in the evening, rather than doing it in one long workout each day.  I also try to play at least nine holes of golf a week, which is my way of relaxing and reducing stress.

I love the StreetStrider because it actually makes working out fun.  I have always loved the elliptical machine because of the cross training it provides; however, I find staying in one spot, staring at the wall or other people boring!  The StreetStrider is the elliptical that moves with you.  I usually ride mine about 6:00 am, a good time to view rabbits, deer, and other wildlife.  Besides that, it truly works.

My advice to other pastors: If you’re on the Naturally Slim program, just do it; have faith and follow the program.  As Marcia says, ‘the best exercise to get in shape is any exercise that you will do.’ She also says, ‘it is not what you eat but when and how you eat!’  If you have an opportunity to sign up for the Naturally Slim program, jump at it. It is not a diet but a way of life.”

Do you have a success story you want to share?  Leave a note in the comment section below.  We’d love to hear from you!

Compiled by Katie Huffman