Please bookmark https://it.duke.edu/techexpo-2016 to follow our announcements about the 2016 TechExpo.
We have made available two videos from the 2015 TechExpo Primtime session:
- CIO Briefing
- CIO Panel Discussion – The Real Tools of Innovation: Gender Diversity, Intercultural Awareness, and IT
We have hosted this on Duke’s Warpwire and requires your NetID login to view.
People of IT Land!
Tech Expo 2015 is behind us, but you still have an opportunity to participate. Yes, even if you didn’t attend Tech expo this year, you can give us feedback. And, whether you attended or not, you will be entered into a drawing for a Roku 3 if you complete a survey.
Your survey responses will be considered anonymously, but you will see three questions at the very end of the survey that you should complete if you’re interested in trying for that Roku. Your choice.
Please start your survey now. (If you’re security-minded, hover over the link before you click to confirm that it points to an https:// duke.qualtrics.com address.)
The survey closes at the end of the business day on Friday, April 24. And thanks for your opinions, for your participation in the conference, and for everything you do for Duke.
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We are encouraging our presenters to upload their slide presentations to the box site. If the presenter has uploaded his or her slides, you’ll find them here: https://duke.box.com/techexpo2015content
Most importantly, thank you, presenters, for taking the time to share your talents with the Duke community.
We’ve already received and posted several slideshows submitted by our presenters this year. You can email your presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them with using our Box account.
Tech Expo 2015 is now squarely in our rearview mirrors. But before you turn the corner, look back one last time and complete a survey to help conference planners improve the event next year. The survey is anonymous, but if you choose to leave your name and contact information, you’ll have a chance to win a Roku 3. The survey closes at the end of the week. Start now!
Thanks, everyone, for volunteering to help us Friday! Now then — send us your selfies!
Ellen DeGeneres took one silly selfie, and it made her a household name. (OK, so she was backstage at the Oscars. What’s your point?)
We want to see Duke IT people, all smiling and celebratory, in selfies that we’re putting into a video for Tech Expo. Grab your team, stick your phone on the end of that selfie stick your mom got you for your birthday last year (yes, it’s on the floor in your closet, under that exercise gear your kids got you—hint, hint—and you used once since then), snap that photo and send it to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 15. Do this before you send your tax returns in!
The 2015 TechExpo schedule is now available here.
Do note that this schedule is incomplete. We’ll be adding more information (such as Birds-of-a-Feather, or BoF information) soon.
TechExpo 2015 is a little over a week way – Friday, April 17, 2015 at the Washington Duke Inn. The TechExpo Chairs have been busy for the past couple of months planning and preparing for TechExpo 2015, but we can’t do it alone. We need volunteers to help on the day of the event. Want to be part of the 2015 TechExpo, then volunteer!
We are using a SignUpGenius site for volunteer sign-up. The TechExpo 2015 Volunteer Sign-up site lists the volunteer opportunities that are available. You sign-up via the site for open volunteer slots. Volunteer slots fill as people sign-up. Please sign-up no later than end of business on Monday, April 13, 2015. You may volunteer for as many slots are you want.
- You do NOT have to create a SignUpGenius account to sign up to volunteer.
- If you decide to create a SignUpGenius account, the Duke ISO asks that you NOT use your Duke password as the password for the account.
- SignUpGenius sites show ads. If you do not want to see the ads, you can add an ad blocker to your browser. There are free ad blockers available for most browsers.
- There are many volunteer opportunities. Scroll through the list to see them all.
- Plan to be at your station 10 minutes before your shift.
- If you sign-up as a Convener, convener instructions will be sent to you via email before the event.
- Please check-in for your volunteer slot at the Biddle room prior to your shift.
- Volunteers receive TechExpo 2015 Volunteer t-shirts and should wear them during their shift(s). Pick up your shirt when you check-in at the Biddle room prior to your shift.
If you have any questions, click the CONTACT link on the site or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up, go to: