Skip to content
- A field trip to NC Museum of Art
- A field trip to Duke Lemur Center
- Meeting with Duke Admissions
- A panel discussion on How to prepare for college applications?
- Duke campus tour Campus Map
- Movie night!!
- A picnic at Sarah Duke garden
- Having a lunch with Duke Math faculty
- Water melon/ice cream party with Duke female math circle
- Seasonal activities in the Durham area
- Cards Construction
- The Usefulness of Useless Knowledge
- A Mathematician’s Apology
- Mathematics without apologies: Portrait of a Problematic Vocation
- How to bake π
- Math with Bad Drawings
- Beyond Infinity
Have you wondered…
- Which number do you like better, π or e? Why?
- The area of a triangle is a half of its base times height. Can you prove this without a word?
- Think of wooden puzzles involving tessellations, both of the Euclidean and the hyperbolic plane (e.g. puzzles related to M.C. Escher’s paintings).
- Are there different infinities? How many different infinities do we have?
- Why do topologists get donuts and coffee cups confused?
- My brother’s brother is my brother, but my father’s father is not my father, right?
- How would Martians add if they had only 7 fingers?