Given that the ACC tournament is going one, I have listed a few placed to watch the game. With the sudents on spring break, you will be mainly hanging with the townies.
On campus (the 12 noon game):
- Twinnies and good but limited sandwich selection but has a TV.
- The Loop is a burger, salad and pizza place also has a TV.
- There are a number of TVs in the Bryan Center near Au Bon Pain.
I will be at Tyler’s Taproom by 7pm to watch the Duke/Turtle game. Tyler’s if directly cross form the restaurant where were will be having the conference dinner. It also has reasonable pub food if you wish to eat there.
- Tobacco Road a ritzi sports bar. Looks out on the Durham Bulls ball park and is near Tyler’s and the banquet dinner. Scene: button downs and kayaks
- Bull McCabes place where I often watch games. No large screens, but a nice mix of people.
- Satisfactions. Big screens, bad pizza, cheep beer. Mix of locals and students.
- Motorco and Fullsteam : local rock club and brewery. Foodtruck scene. Motorco is showing the games in the garage. This is where I would go tonight if not for SSP :-).
- Divines Local place. A bit down and out, but authentic if nothing else.
- Alivia’s: often puts up a large screen for games. Food can be ok, but uneven.
- The Federal : always has the game on if you want to watch while talking and hanging out and eating good food.