The Sanford MPP Student Council is an elected body that comes together to support students and promote their interests. We provide funding for student organizations and serve as a liaison between the administration and students. Acting as a institution of the student body, we aim to advance the personal and professional well-being of Sanford students.
To foster an active community of ethical and informed policy-makers.
The Sanford Student Council supports the endeavors of the Master of Public Policy (MPP) student body, ensures students’ needs and goals are heard, and promotes Terry Sanford’s legacy of doing the right thing in a difficult moment.
- Improve the Sanford student experience.
- Advocate for the needs of students.
- Facilitate dialogue between the student body, faculty, and administration.
- Uphold standards of inclusion, diversity, and equity in Sanford.
- Encourage collaboration with all communities represented at the Sanford School and Duke at large.
- Promote the continued mental and physical well-being of students.