I welcome students from across Duke, because I value diversity of experience in the classroom. However, I accommodate students only if
- the student is a graduate student, and
- I have not already admitted two other graduate students from the same program (for example, up to two students from the Masters in Engineering Management Program), and
- there is no wait list, and
- the course is not an executive MBA course (not even full-time MBA students can enroll in these).
Before class begins
- Register. To register for Fuqua courses you need permission. Please E-mail me requesting permission and describe how you can enrich our class discussion. If I send a message granting permission then you can contact the registrar. Fuqua school policy is to give priority to Fuqua students, so non-Fuqua students will not be officially enrolled until late in the first week, space permitting. For more information about registering at Fuqua see: the Fuqua registrar web page.
- Review the syllabus and optional background readings.
- Pick up the class 1 assignment and reading (“preassignment”) at Fuqua’s Building Management Office or download it on the class web page.
After class begins
- Submit assignments on the course web site: http://fuqua.instructure.com/ (Note that Fuqua uses a different site than other parts of Duke.)
- Pick up the course pack on or after the first day of class.
- If the Martin Luther King holiday falls during the term, then we typically delay Monday classes until Tuesday and Tuesday classes until Wednesday.