Earlier this year, the NIH Collaboratory conducted a series of interviews with the principal investigators of its first round of pragmatic clinical trial Demonstration Projects. These projects completed a pilot phase before scaling up to full implementation in 2014-2015. The purpose of the interviews was to share challenges and lessons learned that may help future pragmatic trials. The interviews have now been archived on the Living Textbook:
Demonstration Project Interviews
- Suicide Prevention Outreach Trial (SPOT) – Dr. Greg Simon
- Strategies and Opportunities to Stop Colorectal Cancer in Priority Populations (STOP CRC) – Drs. Gloria Coronado and Beverly Green
- Lumbar Image Reporting with Epidemiology (LIRE) – Dr. Jerry Jarvik
- Collaborative Care for Chronic Pain in Primary Care (PPACT) – Dr. Lynn DeBar
- Time to Reduce Mortality in End-Stage Renal Disease (TiME) – Drs. Laura Dember and Eric Larson
The NIH Collaboratory will continue to share information learned as these trials progress. Regular updates are also provided during weekly Grand Rounds webinars. For more information on these trials, visit the Demonstration Project websites.