Applications Closed for FY 2019 Funding. Next RFA will be issued in early 2020.
REACH Equity Transdiciplinary Think Tanks (TTT) provide support to bring together faculty across disciplines who have a common interest in addressing racial and ethnic disparities in the clinical encounter—an area where disparities are well-documented but evidence-based research identifying potential solutions is limited. The REACH Equity TTTs are consistent with our aim to catalyze and support research related to the REACH Equity theme and to foster collaboration among health disparities researchers across Duke University. In developing the research proposal, applicants may wish to consult the REACH Equity Conceptual Model. In addition, this Table shows research examples related to REACH Equity’s Conceptual Model. Click here for more information about currently funded REACH Equity projects.
If you have questions about these awards or about alignment of your research question with the RFA, please contact Cheryl Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a call with REACH Equity faculty.
We plan to fund awards of up to $1,500 for one year. Funds can be used to cover food, meeting venues, external speakers or other meeting costs for the one-year funding period but should facilitate meetings which lead to development of a research idea which may lead to an application for funding.
Proposals must be submitted by teams representing two or more Duke departments, institutes or centers. We encourage applicants to include individuals with appropriate expertise who may not have conducted health disparities research to-date. Meetings may have any format (e.g., small monthly dinner meetings, larger quarterly meetings, other approaches), but should be designed to bring together faculty members with diverse perspectives. Preference will be given to proposals that articulate a plan to sustain interactions and/or prepare joint grant applications after the initial colloquium.
- Applications: Limited to 2 pages
- Funding period: One year
- Background and rationale for think tank topic
- Relationship to REACH Equity theme
- Expected outcome of TTT and next steps—How will the TTT facilitate this?
- Description of team
- Budget and justification
- Biosketch of leader
Additional Requirements for Funded Applications
- Applicants who are funded as part of REACH Equity Transdisciplinary Think Tanks are expected to provide a final report at the end of the one year period
- Participate in REACH Equity activities to the extent possible—(Research Works in Progress (RWIP) seminars, REACH Equity annual colloquium)
- Relevance to theme
- Expected outcome and next steps
- Application opens: Early 2020
- Application submission deadline: TBA
- Funding announcement: TBA
- Funding begins: July 2020
Prior to beginning an application, please closely review the application requirements as detailed above.
The REACH Equity Award uses My Research Proposal online submission system:
To apply, visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
Enter Access Code “DOM” then select the “REACH Equity Transdisciplinary Think Tank Program 2019” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available – Please review the guide here.
- For questions concerning MyResearchProposal, please contact email@example.com or call 919-668-4774.