Transdisciplinary Think Tank Program
APPLICATIONS FOR JULY 2021 FUNDING OPEN JANUARY 12
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM, MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2021
REACH Equity Transdisciplinary Think Tanks (TTT) provide support to bring together faculty across disciplines who have a common interest in addressing racial and ethnic disparities in the clinical encounter—an area where disparities are well-documented but evidence-based research identifying potential solutions is limited. The Duke Center for Research to Advance Healthcare Equity TTTs are consistent with our aim to catalyze and support research related to the REACH Equity Center theme and to foster collaboration among health disparities researchers across Duke University. In developing the research proposal, applicants are strongly advised to consult the REACH Equity REACH Conceptual Model (click to download). In addition, this REACH Table (click to download) shows research examples related to REACH Equity’s Conceptual Model. Click here for more information about currently funded REACH Equity projects.
If you have questions about these awards or about alignment of your research question with the RFA, please contact Cheryl Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a call with REACH Equity faculty.
We plan to fund awards of up to $1,500 for one year. Funds can be used to cover food, meeting venues, external speakers or other meeting costs for the one-year funding period but should facilitate meetings which lead to development of a research idea which may lead to an application for funding.
Proposals must be submitted by teams representing two or more Duke departments, institutes or centers. We encourage applicants to include individuals with appropriate expertise who may not have conducted health disparities research to-date. Meetings may have any format (e.g., small monthly dinner meetings, larger quarterly meetings, other approaches), but should be designed to bring together faculty members with diverse perspectives. Preference will be given to proposals that articulate a plan to sustain interactions and/or prepare joint grant applications after the initial colloquium.
- Application proposal: Limited to 2 pages
- Funding period: One year
Application proposal requirements:
- Background and rationale for think tank topic
- Relationship to REACH Equity theme
- Expected outcome of TTT and next steps—How will the TTT facilitate this?
- Description of team members
Other application requirements (not included in 2 page limit):
- Budget of up to $1,500 and narrative justification for each budget item. Funds can be used to cover meals, meeting venues, external speakers or other meeting costs. Submit on PHS Budget Form 2590, Form Page 2 and 3 – available here: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/2590/2590.htm
- NIH Biosketch of team leader
Additional Requirements for Funded Applications
- Applicants who are funded as part of REACH Equity Transdisciplinary Think Tanks are expected to provide a final report at the end of the one year period
- Participate in REACH Equity activities to the extent possible—(Research Works in Progress (RWIP) seminars, REACH Equity annual colloquium)
- Relevance to theme
- Expected outcome and next steps
- Application opens: January 12, 2021
- Application submission deadline: 5:00pm, March 15, 2021
- Funding announcement: Late May
- Funding begins: July 2021
Prior to beginning an application, please closely review the application requirements as detailed above.
The application deadline is 5:00pm, Monday, March 15.
The REACH Equity Award uses My Research Proposal online application submission platform:
To apply, visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
Enter Access Code “DOM” then select the “REACH Equity Transdisciplinary Think Tank Program 2021” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal platform is available here.
- For questions concerning MyResearchProposal, please contact email@example.com or call 919-668-4774.