REACH Equity Career Development Award
The Duke Center for REsearch to AdvanCe Healthcare Equity (REACH Equity) is seeking applications for an internal mentored research career development award (CDA) for Duke junior faculty. REACH Equity will address racial and ethnic disparities in health by developing and testing interventions that improve the quality of patient-centered care in the clinical encounter – a setting in which racial and ethnic disparities are well-documented. Applicants for the REACH Equity CDA must propose research related to this theme.
We plan to fund up to 3 REACH Equity CDAs in this call for applications, with 3 awards per year in subsequent years. Consistent with our Center’s goal of increasing diversity in the research work-force, we have set as a programmatic priority the selection of at least 50% of awardees from under-represented racial and ethnic groups.
The REACH Equity CDA provides up to $75,000 direct costs per year for two years. Applicants are expected to use the award to protect at least 50% of TPE.
- Application opens: Monday, July 9, 2018
- Application deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018
- Announce awards: Late January, 2019
- Funding begins: July 2019
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a 5-10 minute phone call with the IDC Director (Laura Svetkey) to discuss alignment of their research question with the REACH Equity theme. To schedule a phone call, please send a brief description (3-5 sentences) of your potential project to Kimberly.Dorman@duke.edu.
Potential applicants may direct other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to beginning an application, please closely review the application requirements as detailed here.(LINK TO APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS SECTION ABOVE)
The application deadline is 11:59pm on November 30, 2018.
The REACH Equity Award uses MyResearchProposal online submission system:
- To apply, visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal, click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the MyResearchProposal software is available – Please review this document.
- Enter Access Code ‘DOM’ then select the “REACH Equity Investigator Development Award 2019″ funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
For questions concerning MyResearchProposal passwords or system issues, contact Anita Grissom at email@example.com.
For questions about the REACH Equity career development award, please contact:
Cheryl J. Miller
Research Program Leader