For my last blog post, I have decided to talk about strike.  This is the biggest set I have ever and probably/hopefully will ever have to take down but the speed and efficiency in which it fell was amazing.  For the first part of strike, I worked with Sam K on the sound equipment, which consisted of mostly collecting all of the onstage area microphones and wires, and packing them up in the sound closet.  While this was not the most laborious job, it was complicated enough just trying to find out where each specific type of microphone went and with which wire and in what bag; there were wires of all different sorts and colors, some that I had never seen in my life.  Gathering and putting all of the equipment away not only helped me in learning where all of the microphones lie, but also in becoming more familiar with what works well in sound designs.

After we finished with sound—and the pizza break—I moved onto the set which was a whole different sort of work.  Before strike started, I had no clue how the set would be taken down, but the efficiency of the methods used by theater ops was incredible.  I basically carried wood back and forth for the rest of the time, taking out the occasional screw.  It was kind of sad to see a set that had so much time put into it taken apart in just a few hours; at the end, it was as if nothing had been there.

I often find myself singing practically every song to myself while crossing campus and I can’t wait for next year to hang up my Henry Ford wheel and my newspapers “Negro Gunman Shoots Three Dead” and “Terror Strikes New Rochelle”.  By the way, I don’t know how many of you guys knew this, but the actual stories in the newspapers are Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland respectively; props to the props people: Torry, Mallory, and Corinne.  This has truly been an amazing experience and while it is nice having a lot of time back, I really miss everyone and this show.