As I reflect fondly on the successful performances of Duke’s Ragtime, I am still astounded by the inspirational talent and dedication of all those involved in the production. Based on the feedback I have heard from audience members, everyone was most impressed by the huge collaborative energy put into the show from all angles. It was clear to those who came to the show that the success of Ragtime really was in the sum of all its parts. The long hours invested working on the music, the dance, the marketing and publicity, the acting, the set and costume design, and more were ALL evident to everyone who came to the show. I think the audience was most impressed that we were able to get so many people communicating and working together effectively and efficiently.

I think this is what I enjoyed most about this production process: collaboration. The passion and energy of everyone involved was infectious, and we kept each other excited about our involvement. We felt such a strong sense of commitment and teamwork to the project, and this kept us working even when the long hours of rehearsals got frustrating or tiring. I learned so much about the creative process of others by working alongside this cast and crew, and I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity! Though my Ragtime journey has come to an end, I will always cherish the memories, the people I met, and the lessons I learned from them along the way.

Warmly,

Monica