What is Aquatic Physical Therapy?
- Aquatic Physical Therapy is Physical Therapy provided in the pool.
- At 92 degrees, the water is perfect for rehabilitation of arthritis and other painful musculoskeletal conditions
- With a depth of 2.5 to 4.5 feet and patented adaptive equipment, even those who cannot swim or are afraid of water can rehabilitate comfortably and safely
- The pool is fully ADA accessible with a ramped entry, Hoyer lift, and wheelchairs designed for use in water
- A spa for after therapy
- Convenient dressing, bathroom and shower facilities
- Your Aquatic Physical Therapy program will be coordinated with a land-based Physical Therapy program facilitating your return to function
- Please bring a snack and/or drink with you.
- Any patient with a history of heart problems, including high blood pressure, chest pain, recent bypass surgery, or heart attack must have physician clearance before participating in Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Please inform your therapist of any special issues you may have including but not limited to open wounds, incontinence, asthma, or fear of water.
- You may want to have someone drive you to and from the pool on the first couple of sessions.
- Please bring with you a bathing suit or other aquatic attire suitable for public viewing
- Please wear or bring a change of clothes
- Please do not bring valuables as they are unattended in the locker room
- Please wash off all body lotions before entering the pool
- Have FUN!