The execution phase involves “working the plans.” Throughout this phase, focus on keeping the project within scope (or managing approved changes to it), on schedule, and within budget.
- Execute project plan, manage stakeholder expectations
- Execute communications plan
- Manage quality; at OIT, check in with the SRB at pilot, beta, and pre-go-live stages
- Manage the project team; track progress toward deliverables
- Report progress to stakeholders
- Purchase/procure any necessary hardware, software, licenses, etc.