Day 44: July 2

It is 10:23 PM in Cusco. Not much has been going on today. It’s been a nice, relaxing day.

I woke up pretty late by my standards in Cusco – 8 AM – and got started on my day with the usual breakfast of orange juice, 2 pieces of bread with strawberry jam, and a fried egg. Surprisingly, I haven’t really gotten tired of this breakfast even though I’ve had it for about 40 straight days. It’s really good, and fresh. The morning was spent relaxing; I watched some Hell’s Kitchen on my computer, played with Baruna, analyzed some more free agency news, and observed the developing situation of the possible takeover at Wolves. It’s all getting very interesting.

At around noon, I went on my run. It was great, as usual. My foot hasn’t bothered me for a couple of weeks, so I would like to think that it’s completely better. I went to the Orion supermarket to buy my Gatorade and returned home in time for lunch. Today’s menu was a vegetarian casserole with homemade french fries and rice. I get very excited when Marianela makes the homemade french fries. Fries are my favorite food, and I love when they are prepared freshly. Delicious. I can’t believe I haven’t gained a lot of weight (if any – I may have lost some) on this trip (it must be the running and the work at Huacarpay). After lunch, I watched Germany vs. Italy in the Euro 2016 quarterfinal. The first half was not very exciting, as Italy’s defensive strategy worked very well, but then Germany attacked in the second half and scored. It looked like Germany would wrap it up, but a horrible penalty conceded by Boateng gave Italy the chance to level the match, and they did. The match went into penalties – nine rounds of penalties – where Germany prevailed on some very poor penalty taking by Italy. It was a fantastic match. Germany should be the favorites to win it all (although I am certainly still rooting for Wales).

After the match, I did some more relaxing. Unfortunately, during the second half of the match, my Moctezuma’s revenge struck again. It didn’t feel too good, but I am happy to report that there was only one instance of this unfortunate setback today. I think I’m on the upswing. I think I might have gotten it from the school food on Thursday. The spaghetti with chicken tasted funny that day, and in hindsight, that was probably the source. Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday it will be completely cleared from my system. Tomorrow I have more of the same and not too much to report. It should hopefully be a good, relaxing day to prepare me for my week at Huacarpay.

About Davis Lovvorn

Davis Lovvorn is a senior at Duke University from Nashville, TN. He will be a corps member for Teach for America in Charlotte, NC after he graduates in May 2018. An avid sports fan, Davis is a member of the Duke University Marching and Pep Band, where he religiously follows Duke's basketball and football teams. He is also a social media administrator for Wolves USA, the American supporters group for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC.

1 Response to Day 44: July 2

1. Noel Bearden says:

“The Titans are banking on Henry to be the best of the Bama backs …
    when the Titans , drafted Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry
    it marked the fifth time in last six years an NFL team selected an
    Alabama running back in the first or second round…”
    Wimbledon : Tsonga of France beat Isner of the US 19 – 17 in
    the fifth set …. Wow !
    All of the news from overseas is tragic … hope you do not have to
    worry about this ! Much , much love , Noelly