The PTRU takes full advantage of Duke University’s exceptional biostatistics core. The Biostat core integrates the resources of a robust interdisciplinary network of statisticians, biomedical researchers, and clinical investigators. The core operates to provide our partners with completely comprehensive analytical support throughout the entire lifespan of their study by providing expertise in study design, implementation of statistical methodology, and interpretation of results. We bring industry-leading expertise in biostatistics methods for the study design, analysis, and reporting. The mission of the Biostatistics core is achieved by successfully:
- Providing expertise on all aspects of Research project conceptualization and statistical design and analysis
- Participating in protocol development/review and grant applications with design and analysis considerations and power/sample calculations
- Collaborating with Duke Office of Clinical Research (DOCR) in database design and programming
- Designing and conduct statistical analysis for prospective and retrospective studies
- Collaborating on manuscript preparation and analysis.
To learn more about the Duke Biostatistics core click here