Successful drug development is at the forefront of the Duke Preclinical Translational Research Unit’s mission. We expertly assist with every aspect of preclinical drug development from the earliest compound design and through successful IND preparation, filling, and translate to clinical trial.
Our priority is to ensure that your drug R&D goals are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The PTRU’s services in drug development covers:
- Drug target identification and validation
- Delivery of hit compounds that are validated and possess the highest quality, including screening for throughput and content, to evaluate early stage programs and identify potential issues/
- Optimizing and ranking hits to leads per cycle efficiently and effectively
- Identifying optimal compounds for further development
- Integrating experts as needed to meet your project’s needs and goals
- IND preparation and filling
How we work
We support small molecular antibodies, immunology drugs, and biologics, and more. Researchers or companies come to us with a compound or technology for formulating drug. We help them understand the clinical application of their idea. We work with them to find the suitable animal model or innovate a new model if needed to address the clinical disease. Working with the regulatory team, we can recommend or design a plan that will adhere to FDA requirements—while at the same time working on the research goal.
To learn how we can help your drug development process, contact us.