browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Restaurants of San Pedro: The Exclusive List

Posted by on August 9, 2022

The last six weeks have had a lot to offer in terms of different cuisine, especially in San Pedro where we took our classes. So I thought I would do a deep dive into all the restaurants that had to deal with us during our sacred breaks.

Soda Yogui’s ~ 7/10

Yogui’s has all sorts of traditional Costa Rican dishes that’ll cost you about $5 and will be ready in less than 20 minutes. Great place to stop by and get a filling meal fast. My favorite dish there was the chicken fajitas, that always came served hot with white rice, beans and vegetables. The Tamarindo refresco was my favorite.

CRBF ~ 7/10

Eating at Costa Rican Beer Factory was always an experience. It’s a bit of a tourist spot, but they brew their own beers, and the inside of the restaurant is very colorful. One of my favorite memories from the first week was playing the giant Jenga setup they had to the side. The beer sampler is a must. A little pricey and takes a while to come out but the food never missed the mark.

Neko Sushi ~ 8/10

If your group ever finds itself half wanting pizza and the other half wanting sushi, this is the perfect spot. Neko also doubles as Amore Pizza, so you basically pick a menu once you get there. I only ever had the sushi myself, but it rivaled some of the better sushi places I’ve been to in the states. You’re missing out if you don’t try the edamame as an appetizer.

Olakino ~ 9/10

Whenever I didn’t feel like making hard decisions Olakino Café was my comfort place. The staff were always happy to serve us, and they’ve got a lot to offer on their menu. Great smoothies, sandwiches, and burgers. Some days after Spanish class the only thing I wanted in my life was an Ola Burger.

Rua ~ 8/10

We didn’t end up trying Rua until the last two weeks but I’m glad we did. They’ve got a lot of good street sandwiches/burgers and you could pick just about anything on the menu and be satisfied. They’ve also got their own lemonade brand that comes in a bunch of different flavors. Definitely worth the extra walk.

La Fabbrica ~ 9/10

I’m not sure there was a single week we didn’t go to La Fabbrica. The place was hardly a 5-minute walk and was always open. They’ve got a huge Italian menu with all sorts of pastas and pizzas I had never even seen in the states. You just can’t really go wrong with carbs.

Pizza Hut ~ 5/10

Actually you can go wrong with carbs. Every time I thought I wanted Pizza Hut I quickly realized why I never get Pizza Hut at home. Points for convenience and getting exactly what I ordered though. It’s like they say, no one out pizzas the hut.

Seneca Tea Co ~ 8/10

Not technically a restaurant but I thought it should make the list. This place has great bubble tea if you’re into that, and has lots of options for customization. Any day I was bringing bubble tea back to class was a great one.

Na Praia ~ 7/10

Na Praia is right in between La Fabbrica and Olakino so I’m surprised we didn’t try this place more often than once. It is only seafood though, so it’s not necessarily your first choice for lunch. They also have a huge seafood menu from sushi to poke to more traditional fish plates. Decent serving sizes too.