browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Andrew Dawson saved the day

Posted by on August 8, 2022

I’m writing my first blogpost on the day that our class ended. I did not take the final today, which was a win. But a big loss was my four day vacation in the hospital. Despite all the interesting moments i have had in hospital la catolica, I am going to share about a miraculous experience, unlike any other, that I was able to witness this trip. A couple weeks ago, 14 of us took a bus, which only fit 13, to puerto viejo. After 5 hours of discomfort, sweat, and starvation, we finally arrived to our oasis of an air b n b. There was one main house, and one separate cabin, which abbey and I stayed in. Little did we know this decision was going to be catastrophic. Fast forward a couple hours and some food, we were all in the pool relaxing. I decided to grab something from our cabin and blissfully shut the door while walking out, forgetting the fact that the keys were inside and the door automatically locked. Tragedy had struck. But who came to the rescue? no one but andrew dawson. Andrew Dawson, with some help from Stewart, separated the broom from the stick, used the stick to poke threw the small window above the door, and after about 10 minutes of finagling, he unlocked the door. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and a true testament to duke engineering.