Last, but not least…

Last weekend was our last free weekend, and a group of us traveled to Manuel Antonio, one of the most touristy places in Costa Rica. Most of us got there around 11 and after putting our stuff in our 10 person villa, we ventured to the town. I had a great quesadilla before heading to the beach. After what seemed like 20 people came up to us to ask us to buy something, I finally caved and bought one of the most delicious treats I’ve ever had (shaved ice w/ powdered milk, condensed milk and flavoring). After the other members of the group arrived, a smaller group of us headed to the Manuel Antonio National Park to hopefully see some animals and plants. We saw sloths, monkeys, a deer, crabs and a toucan!! Also the park had a really beautiful beach that was refreshing after the long walk to get there. After the park we went back to the beach and after all of our stuff got soaked by a very large and unpredictable wave, we headed back to the Villa. After a dinner of alfredo pasta with a side of 20 Questions, we finished the night with lots and lots of games. A group of us stayed up until like 3 AM just talking and it was one of the best nights ever.

The next day we went rafting!! I wish the rapids were of a higher class but we didn’t want to die and we didn’t know what it was going to be like so I think we made the right choice. We then went to the open air shops and then the beach where we played some frisbee and saw a beautiful sunset. We ate dinner at a restaurant called ‘El Avion’ that had a plane inside of it and I was, of course, in the group that taxied there instead of walking. I didn’t think it was possible to match Friday night but Saturday night was just as fun, with even more games, and again a night that ended no earlier than 3AM.

We left on Sunday at 9:30AM and upon arrival, immediately went to Starbucks to start our long week of studying. It’s amazing how many Spanish/BME assignments one can have due in a 4 day period. I’m going to miss the people here incredibly, but I hope we will still keep in touch once we are all back at the greatest place on Earth. Grateful this is the last blog I have to right, but sad that that means this trip is very close to being over. Thanks for reading 🙂

-Venezia Leone