The Poss Lab always welcomes and encourages prospective and current graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to join our team.
Please contact Dr. Ken Poss at email@example.com for more information.
Research Analyst I – Department of Cell Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated research analyst with experience in animal research, molecular biology, and/or histological techniques. The Poss Laboratory at Duke University Medical Center uses zebrafish and mice as model systems to understand and instruct regeneration of appendages, heart muscle, spinal cord, and other organ systems.
- Collect information and data through research tool generation, observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures in tissue regeneration and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses. Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Perform technical animal procedures; maintain records and write reports in accordance with general laboratory animal procedures and in compliance with required regulations.
- Interpret experimental results and guide lab members through surgical methods and analyses and help prepare reports of research for presentation or publication including high-quality figures that convey new findings.
- Confer with principal investigator in determining specific experiments to be included in the research protocol and to discuss the interpretation of results.
- Supervise, train and instruct students or less experienced personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- General oversight of lab animal stocks including different transgenic and mutant strains.
- Help with maintenance and training for use of laboratory equipment.
- Help with ordering and organization of certain supplies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Work requires a bachelor’s degree in biology or other directly related scientific field.
- Work requires two years or more of research experience.
- Technical proficiency and collaborative ability as well as independent thought.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, you may apply via the following link: