Acupuncture, Massages and Alternative Options for Weight Loss

Stomach-Massage.jpg

The way we typically approach weight loss is flawed. The focus is primarily on changing your diet and incorporating exercise. Although this is important, it does not address the root cause for why we overeat. It’s all a temporary solution, not one with long lasting effects. In fact, many people who lose weight go back to the same eating habits once they reach their goal. Unfortunately, some go on to gain even more weight than they lost. This cycle is taxing on the body and also psychologically. There are some other options that address the behavioral component of why we overeat.

It’s important to answer the question of why you struggle with your weight. Do you eat when you are bored, stressed, when you are not feeling good about yourself, it is an escape? Do you associate food with love? Were you told as a child to eat everything on your plate?  If you have tried traditional methods with limited success it might be time to consider alternatives.

Meditation

Meditation is a healthier way to deal with the stress that comes along with life challenges. When we are upset, sometimes we reach for food to comfort us. We wouldn’t characterize most of those “comfort food” choices as healthy. Meditation helps you to breathe, redirect that energy and calms the body and mind. It can help with resisting the temptation of food. It’s a highly effective alternative to releasing that stress. French research during a public health study showed meditation helped cut the risk of obesity by 50% when practiced regularly. Whether it’s for 15 minutes or longer, there are apps available to use on your own, you can take classes, or you can learn about a number of different options for meditation within the privacy of your home.

Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss

Hypnosis can be an effective option in meeting your weight loss goals. Hypnosis focuses on identifying the root cause of why we overeat. It works at the subconscious level to address the negative thought processes that leads to overeating. It helps determine what triggers your overeating and focuses on replacing those habits with more positive behaviors. Once you determine the root cause, the hypnotherapist can reframe how your mind interprets it and provide suggestions which you are more susceptible to while under hypnosis. It’s remarkable to change the way you have looked at food your whole life.

Diet and exercise don’t address your relationship with food and what triggers you. After struggling with weight for 2 years after giving birth, one of my clients lost 32 lbs. in 10 weeks through hypnosis. Another one of my clients stated “It was completely not what I expected, I was fully awake. By my 2nd session, I haven’t touched anything that would harm my body. I started to exercise. I stopped caring about if anyone was judging me anymore. I’m very comfortable with myself.”

Another client talking about his experience with hypnosis stated “I tried many things with some success and ultimate failure. I was hoping for lasting results. I get into a deep relaxed clear-headed state. The hypnosis through you alleviated all these strong urges I had. I was very obsessed with food. Now I eat sensible bites, I don’t have to have food to socialize. We hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year. Believe it or not, I did not touch carbs, it was not a desire. I was thrilled. As of today, I lost 52 lbs. in 5 months.”

Acupuncture

Although acupuncture alone is not a solution for weight loss, it can complement another weight loss method to help you stay balanced. Acupuncture has been part of Chinese medicine for a very long time. There has been some success in strategically placing tiny needles in areas that help with reducing cravings and control hunger.

Lymphatic System Massage Techniques

A lymphatic drainage massage uses a machine that focuses on the lymphatic system to help eliminate waste, enhance circulation and breaks down fat within the body. The thinking is that these lymphatic system massages may in conjunction with diet and exercise help facilitate and speed up the process.

So many people struggle with their weight. There are many different diet plans out there; it’s difficult to determine what will work. Some people try different diets their entire life with limited success. There are alternative methods that are becoming more popular. Hypnosis has become more mainstream for people that are looking to address the emotional and behavioral components associated with their weight problem. It’s important that whatever method you choose, it helps you get to the root cause of the problem. This helps you can break these unhealthy habits. Making lifestyle changes that refocus our energy with ongoing healthier life choices is key to losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight going forward.