This information was posted to the Literary Managers and Dramaturgs (LMDA) listerv:
EMOS (Earth Matters on Stage)
Ecodrama Playwrights Festival ~ 2012
At the University of Oregon’s Miller Theatre Complex,
May 24-June 3, 2012
CALL FOR SCRIPTS
First place Award: $1,000 and workshop production
Second place Award: $500 and workshop production
Honorable mentions: public staged reading
Deadline for Submissions is July 1, 2011.
The mission of EMOS: Ecodrama Playwrights Festival is to call forth and foster new dramatic works that respond to the ecological crisis, and that explore new possibilities of being in relationship with the more-than-human world. The Festival is ten days of readings, workshop performance/s, and
discussions of the scripts that are finalists in the Playwrights’ Contest.
Some readings and workshops will be followed by facilitated talkbacks with the playwrights. In addition, a symposium on the second weekend of the Festival includes speakers, panels and discussions that will advance scholarship in the area of arts and ecology, and help foster development of
The call for proposals for scholars and those wishing to participate in the Symposium will be posted in Fall 2011 at http://pages.uoregon.edu/ecodrama/.
The EMOS award includes a workshop production. The winning plays will be chosen by a panel of distinguished theatre artists from the USA and Canada. Past judges have included:
- Robert Schenkkan, Playwright, winner of 1990 Pulitzer Prize
- Martha Lavey, Artistic Director, Steppenwolf Theatre, Chicago, IL
- Jose Cruz Gonzalez, Playwright, SCR Hispanic Playwrights Project; faculty Cal State LA
- Ellen McLaughlin, Playwright, NY
- Timothy Bond, Artistic Director Syracuse Stage, NY
- Olga Sanchez, Artistic Director, Teatro Milagro, Portland, OR
- Diane Glancy, Playwright, Native Voices Award, faculty Macallister College
- Marie Clements, Playwright, British Columbia