• Pathology Graduate Program ~ pathology.duke.edu/education/phd-graduate-program
Duke Path Grad Blog

Alumnus Xuhui Bao, PhD, elected Next Gen Star

In the 2021 annual meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), former PhD student Dr. Xuhui Bao and one other former Duke PhD student were elected out of a group of 16 to be NextGen Stars (https://www.aacr.org/meeting/aacr-annual-meeting-2021/nextgen-stars/) of this year to present in the Spotlight session in the annual meeting.

Dr. Bao reflected in a note to the DGS Dr. Soman Abraham, “You know, although it shows our individual research achievements in the field after graduation, without the high-profiled training in our PhD program under the wise leadership of our Program Director and Mentoring Faculty, we would not be able to move forward in a robust path in our subsequent career development. Please allow me to express my deep gratitude to our PhD program that helped establish so many fundamental values, skills, and inspiration to make me well prepared for my further academic career. I am so proud to be an alumnus of our program!