Faculty and Staff Profiles

Melinda Blazar, MHS, PA-C

Director of Clinical Education, Duke PA Program

Melinda Blazar

I am a graduate of the Duke PA Program in 2007 and have worked clinically in family medicine and women’s health for most of my clinical career.  After precepting Duke PA students for several years at Duke Family Medicine, I joined the PA Program faculty in 2011 as a clinical coordinator & became Director of Clinical Education in July 2018.  In this role, I am responsible for oversight of the clinical year curriculum, the overall assessment and evaluation of our clinical sites & preceptors, student assessment and adherence to accreditation standards.  I also advise students in both years of the program, teach in the didactic year, participate in admissions and work clinically 1 day/week, doing primarily low-risk obstetrics.  As Director of Clinical Education, I enjoy the ability to establish long-term relationships with preceptors and clinical sites, and see second year students growth and develop into clinicians as they move through their clinical training.    Our program is so grateful for the strong institutional and community partnerships we have, and for the significant effort that each of our preceptors contribute to sharing the future generations of Duke PA students!