Faculty and Staff Profiles

Abbey Metzger, Clinical Team Staff Assistant

Abbey Metzger

I joined the Duke PA Program staff as the clinical year staff assistant in May 2018.  Prior to coming to the PA program, I was a staff assistant for the Duke Pediatric Blood and Bone Marrow Transplantation Program.  In that role, I scheduled pre-transplant and post-transplant appointments, and helped out of town families secure short-term lodging with the Ronald McDonald house of Durham, area hotels and local apartments.  I also worked alongside our search coordinator and the National Marrow Donor Program for cord blood unit and bone marrow donor matches.

Now that I am at the PA Program, I work with the clinical year team to schedule annual clinical site visits and prepare the various site visit material.   In addition to site visits, I am also responsible for making sure each student has a completed evaluation from their preceptor after each rotation. I’m also the primary staff support for the clinical course Evidence Based Practice II, and assist with other courses such as Bridge and Senior Seminar.  I love the opportunity to work with so many different groups of people that our students will encounter during their clinical year.  It is a joy to work with our students on a daily basis and to help them in every way possible.  Please feel free to contact me at abigail.metzger@duke.edu or 919-668-5137 with any site visit or student evaluation issues.  I look forward to working with all of you!