Faculty and Staff Profiles

Kate Holeman, Clinical Year Program Coordinator

Kate Holeman

I joined the Duke PA Program as Clinical Year Program Coordinator in July 2017.  I have been employed at Duke for 20 years, and have spent many of those years working with medical learners, faculty, and staff.  Most recently, I worked in the Department of Community & Family Medicine chairman’s office as Assistant to the Vice Chair for Education.  In that role, I helped plan and implement preceptor and faculty development, interprofessional case conferences and interprofessional prevention and population health courses. Prior to that, I worked in Graduate Medical Education at Duke for several years.

At the PA Program, I work with the clinical year faculty to plan, assign, and coordinate all student rotations.  As a preceptor, you will hear from me often as I request and confirm over 1,000 rotations for our clinical year class!  I also help coordinate student housing, credentialing paperwork for the various site requirements, and clinical Affiliation Agreements.  My job is to ensure that our students and faculty have the administrative support necessary to have a successful clinical year. The most enjoyable aspect of working for the PA program is interacting with the students and assisting them in their journey to becoming certified PAs.

Please feel free to contact me at kate.holeman@duke.edu or 919-681-8926 with any clinical rotation or student issues.  I look forward to working with all of you!