New Faculty Reception
Thursday, September 29, 5:30-7:00pm
Doris Duke Center at Duke Gardens
This informal reception is an opportunity to network, meet colleagues in the Schools of Medicine and Nursing, and learn about faculty development opportunities at Duke. Please join us for drinks and hors d’oeuvres and feel free to forward this invitation to colleagues in your department. All are welcome. Faculty hired in the past 3-4 years are especially encouraged to attend. This is a relaxed event and we hope to meet you there!
New Faculty Orientation
Thursday, October 6, 2016
8:00 am – 3:30 pm; Trent Semans Center Great Hall
Topics will include:
- Introduction to School of Medicine structure and key policies
- Information on academic integrity and tips for deftly navigating research resources
- Understanding unconscious bias in our environment
- Understanding appointments, promotion and tenure at Duke
- Featured speakers include the Dean and Vice Deans, as well as some of Duke’s most accomplished researchers and clinicians.
All faculty hired in the past 3 years are welcome and encouraged to attend.