We would like to congratulate Elizabeth Ross, DPT, MMSc, FAACH, who has received the AACH Fellowship Award. The Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare (AACH) honors publicly those of its members who make substantial contributions to the AACH mission by awarding to those individuals the honor of being designated a Fellow of the AACH (FAACH). Dr. Ross has been a member of the AACH for 12 years and counting.
The AACH is the professional home for all those who are committed to improving communication and relationships in healthcare.
AACH accomplishes this through:
- Welcoming researchers, educators, clinicians, patients, patient advocates, and all members of the healthcare team.
- Providing opportunities for collaboration, support and personal and professional development.
- Identifying strengths, resources and needs of patients, their family members and healthcare professionals, both as unique individuals and in relationship to one another.
- Developing skills that integrate biological, psychological and social domains.
- Applying existing scholarship from multiple disciplines and developing new knowledge through research.
- Promoting collaborative relationships between clinicians and patients, teachers and learners, and all members of the health care team.
- Incorporating core values of respect, empathy and genuineness in human relationships and the importance of self-awareness in all activities.
Congratulation again to Dr. Ross on this achievement!