The School of Medicine departments, institutes and centers oversee a wide range of research core facilities. To enable investigators to access these services for exciting new studies that are not yet externally funded, we are pleased to announce the 2016 Spring SOM Core Facility Voucher Program. This joint program with the School of Medicine (SOM), the Office of the Provost and Duke Research Computing/Office of Information Technology will offer vouchers in amounts ranging from $500 to $10,000 redeemable for provision of services at SoM core facilities/shared resources. The sources of funding are from the School of Medicine and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR).
All core facilities/shared resources that provide services open to faculty members on a fee-for-service basis are eligible for participation in this program. No more than two facilities can be included in a single proposal. The list of eligible core facilities can be found at this website.
Important dates for the 2016 Spring SOM Core Facility Voucher Program:
- Submission Open: March 9, 2016
- Submission Close: April 15, 2016
- Voucher Start: July 1, 2016
- Voucher End: June 30, 2017
Vouchers in any category of research will be awarded to faculty at the Assistant, Associate or Professor level with primary appointments in SOM or Campus departments:
- SOM Faculty: SOM faculty will be eligible for awards made from SOM funds.
- Campus Faculty: Faculty outside the SOM will be eligible for awards made from OVPR funds. Proposals with Campus faculty as co-PI with SOM faculty will be eligible for SOM funds.
- All Faculty: Investigators previously awarded a voucher are eligible to apply for and receive a new voucher if the work proposed is significantly and scientifically distinct from previous applications.
Complete applications will include a one-page proposal describing the research question to be investigated, rationale, proposed plan, and justification for amount requested (11 pt font, 0.5” margins), and a brief letter from the core facility director attesting to the availability of the proposed technical service. Applications are limited to one per investigator, and only new applications will be considered.
SoM utilizesthe MyResearchProposalonlineapplicationsoftwaretosubmitapplications.To apply:
- Visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposaland login ifyoualready havean accountor select “CreateNewUser.”Proposals mustbesubmitted underthe Principal Investigator’s name.
- Enter accesscode“SOM”and selectthe“SOM Spring Core Facility Voucher 2016 fundingopportunityandfollowthe instructions.
- A step-by-stepuser’sguideforapplyingviatheMyResearchProposalsoftwareisavailable.
Email any questions you may have to: email@example.com