Faculty are invited to submit proposals for two current funding opportunities sponsored or co-sponsored by Duke MEDx. The first request for proposals (RFP), announced Dec. 10, offers up to $50,000 to each of 6 successful proposals for projects aimed at enhancing collaborations between the School of Medicine and Pratt faculty in the area of diagnostics and devices. The goal of this opportunity is to catalyze the development of collaborative proposals that will lead to external funding within 12 months of completion of this project.
- Deadline to have materials loaded on the ORS website: February 15, 2016
- Award Notice: On or about April 1, 2016
- Project Start Date: On or about April 15, 2016
- Period of Performance: Projects must propose a realistic end date. A 12-month or shorter project period is desirable, but longer periods of performance will be considered if well justified.
The second RFP provides up to $50,000 to support “Collaborative Quantitative Approaches to Problems in the Basic and Clinical Sciences” between campus and School of Medicine faculty.
- Proposal due date: February 1, 2016
- Award Notice: March 1, 2016
- Project Start Date: April 1, 2016
- Period End Date: May 31, 2017